Being a long time resident of Las Vegas and spending much time on the "strip," I thought I would give you some little hints on Las Vegas hot spots.
The Palms
Of course, there is the GhostBar 55 floors above Las Vegas with a beautiful outdoor balcony. The view is beautiful from there. It's a younger crowd with alcohol flowing wild; not something for the older crowd.
The Alize restaurant at the Palms has breathtaking top-story views. You will enjoy gourmet delicacies and their wine list has something for everyone.
If you enjoy a succulent steak, N9NE Steakhouse has some of the best in Vegas. You can also enjoy the champagne and caviar bar. What fun!
The Venetian
My favorite restuarant in Vegas (I've been to most) is Aqua Knox at The Venetian. I can not even begin to tell you how wonderful this restaurant is. I eat at Aqua Knox each year on Valentine's Day. Upon entering, every lady is given a long stem rose on February 14th. The scallops melt in your mouth. The presentation is so extrodinary that you are not sure whether to eat it or frame it as fine art. This is a must for anyone who enjoys fine dining.
The Gondola boat ride is very romantic. If you want to impress your lover, go for a ride through the casino, restaurants and shops while slowing floating through the canals.
The Stratosphere
This is a must see! The Top of the World restaurant is approximataely 1000 feet above the ground. It revolves and takes about 45 minutes to see a panorama view of the Las Vegas valley. From the mountains, to the Strip, the airport, North Las Vegas, Freemont Street, you will see it all. There are also rides at the top. You can free fall after being shot up 160 feet at 45 miles an hour. Once you reach the top, after a few minutes of catching your stomach, you will drop swiftly back to safety. Wow! The Insanity ride swings out over the street and spins you around. The X-Scream drops over the edge of the tower pointing down towards the street. This ride, I've never had the nerve to get on; maybe one day when I crave a great adrenline rush.
There is an observation deck where you can walk behind glass or for the brave, on the open deck. You can't miss this attraction!
Shows
I've seen most of the shows in Vegas and the most magnificant is Mystère performed by Cirque du Soleil featuring dancers, singers, acrobats, and a very funny clown. The show is even better than "O" at the Bellagio Hotel. You will laugh and sit on the edge of your seat watching the performance of Mystère. You will recommend it to all your friends. It will take your breath away. The best seating is in section 203. You will never stop talking about this show.
I will add more to this blog at a later date. Vegas is the most exciting place in the world.
Enjoy Viva Las Vegas! Don't forget to get a picture in front of the Vegas sign located on Sunset Blvd. and the Strip.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Las Vegas Hot Spots
Labels:
Aqua Knox,
Bellagio,
Freemont Street,
GhostBar,
Las Vegas,
Stratosphere,
The Palms,
the strip,
Viva Las Vegas